I'm currently 1 week away from my due date and thought I might need to start to put together a bag for my labour and hospital stay for my second baby. This isn't my first rodeo so I'm much more relaxed this time around with knowing what I'm going to need - that's probably why I've left it to a week out haha.
This is just my personal list and everyones will be slightly different, but you might be able to take something from this that will help make your experience that little bit more comfortable!
- Comfortable nursing bra and undies.
- Dressing gown or other comfortable clothing.
- Incontinence pants and pads (really recommend the pants).
- Water bottle and snacks (the snacks will be mainly for Ben).
- Socks or slippers.
- Heat pack and essential oils.
- Long phone cord (a must and can be easily forgotten).
- Toiletries; Brush and hair ties, lip balm, toothbrush and toothpaste, shampoo and conditioner (this makes you feel so amazing before you go home), body wash, skincare (anything that makes you feel refreshed) and deodorant.
- Loungewear (think baggy, soft and comfortable, bonus points for buttons).
- Shower shoes.
- Breast pads, nipple cream and silverettes (I didn't have these last time but from the comments on Instagram the other night, these are a saviour!).
- SRC shorts (I had these with my first and they just help keep everything in and up, if you know what I mean. I also wore these for the 6 weeks following).
- Your own pillow and a light throw blanket (these touches can make it less hospital like).
- My friend told me not to forget chocolate (or whatever you like to indulge in), you deserve it after all!
- Onesies (absolutely with zips).
- Nappies and wipes (sometimes the hospital provides these so just double check).
- Baby wrap (I'll be packing my Milky Designs)
- Socks, Singlets and Burp Cloth/Bibs.
- Announcement/Going Home outfit (I have a brand coming soon for you all that will be perfect for this, think beautiful knits).
- A warm blanket.
For Your Partner;
- Comfortable clothes and shoes (make sure they also pack shower shoes).
- Pillow and blanket.
Looking forward to sharing my baby news with you all very soon!
Sending lots of love, Brooke x